PANORAMIC VIEW MID-CENTURY MASTERPIECE
Those not initiated in the understated, “fit into the landscape” character of a Walter Gordon designed home, could quite possibly miss what lies behind its front door. But aficionados of one of Portland’s greatest modernist architects will be aching to come in! Enjoy unobstructed panoramic views of Mt. Hood and the Willamette River surrounded by the singularly beautiful interior of this special home. Impeccably restored throughout, this light-filled treasure offers a seamless interplay between the inside and out and was perfectly designed to indulge in breathtaking views with complete privacy.
Main Floor Living
The spacious and open main floor design, anchored by an exquisite double sided basalt stone fireplace, has been thoughtfully configured to harmonize with the natural beauty of the site while providing stunning views from every angle as well as a full sight line of the great room resulting in a home that is ideal for entertaining and also perfectly balanced for serene living. On a warm summer day, imagine yourself leaving the set of 6 French doors wide open to the extensive covered and screened deck to enjoy a soft cool breeze.
Walk through the entry and past the living room and one comes upon the imminently comfortable and beautiful family room that just begs you to flop down and relax. Open to and adjacent is a gourmet kitchen offering a family room/kitchen combination that everyone is looking for, but is so hard to find in a vintage mid-century modern home. And what a fabulous kitchen it is! There is just about every amenity a cook could want; all smartly laid out with abundant, finely crafted vertical grain fir cabinetry, top of the line appliances and views galore.
The dining room area is expansive and elegant but causal too. Perfect for everyday living or marvelous large dinner parties.
An enchanting master bedroom suite on the opposite end has its own private balcony to relax and enjoy a tranquil evening as the sunset colors Mt. Hood.
The lower level is its own retreat with a family room that is perfect for movie nights featuring built-in speakers framing the wood-burning fireplace as well as a complete kitchen designed in keeping with the homes mid-century roots. There are 2 delightful private bedrooms, 1 and ½ bathrooms and in addition to the family room, there is a huge office, game room and/or flex space for all one’s needs. The lower level flows nicely out to the back decks and yard area and offers views too.
Don’t miss out on everything this home has to offer inside and out!
- Built in 1960 Walter Gordon architect. 0.19 acre lot
- Stunning Panoramic Eastern Views of Mt. Hood and the Willamette River
- Private, Screened and Covered Porch perfect for relaxing and enjoying the views from a secluded vantage point
- Master Bedroom Suite adjacent to great room with sliding doors for privacy and balcony creates a peaceful retreat. Serene master bathroom with heated floors. Generous walk-in closet with built-ins
- Gourmet Kitchen featuring Viking and Subzero appliances, vertical grain fir cabinetry and slab granite counters
- 2 Light-Filled Family Rooms with Fireplaces main level family room is open to kitchen and the other is located downstairs. Both provide seamless access to the outdoors
- 2nd and 3rd Bedrooms located on the lower level with one bathroom en suite. Additional sleeping nook
- 2nd Complete Kitchen next to lower level family room
- Spacious Laundry Room with ample storage; central vacuum system too
- Secluded and Tranquil Patio and Garden for al fresco dining featuring wood burning stove
- 1 Car Attached Garage and room to build 2nd large garage on east side of lot (lot goes down from Westwood Ln to Westwood Dr)
- Utilities state of the art 95% efficient forced air gas heat, 2 central air conditioners. Heat and A/C to the main floor and lower level are zoned separately. Circulating domestic hot water loop. All new in 2015
- Property Taxes 2016-17: $11,999.49
- Schools Rieke Elementary, Gray Middle School & Wilson High School
- FLOOR PLANS
5330 SW Westwood Lane, Portland, OR 97239