GRACIOUS BEAUX ARTS IN NORTHWEST
This statuesque residence by H.L. Camp & Co., an influential architecture firm that designed and built historic homes in Portland in the early 1900s, has been thoughtfully restored to preserve its original details while perfectly blending them with beautiful modern renovations. Known for his attention to detail and woodwork as a former carpenter, architect Herbert Camp’s touch can be seen throughout the home with its hardwood floors, original wood built-ins, and charming accents. Add to this, a thoughtfully remodeled kitchen and exquisite master suite to make this home a rare find.
An impressive main floor offers a floor plan with spacious, open, light-filled spaces accented by period light fixtures, French doors, and architectural details. A superbly remodeled master suite designed by Paul McKean Architecture anchors the second floor and is flanked by two additional sunny bedrooms and a remodeled hall bath. The top level provides a fabulous family room, office area, and fourth bedroom.
The property includes ample outdoor space for relaxing and entertaining with a generous covered front porch as well as a private backyard oasis featuring a bluestone patio and ipe deck with landscape design by Michael Shultz.
This beloved home is an extremely rare opportunity to own a piece of Portland history that has been renovated and to enjoy historic and modern architectural influences in this sought after Northwest District location.
- Built in 1908
- 50' x 100' lot
- Unique architectural style that blends modern and traditional with its original details and modern sensibility
- Large front porch with two living areas
- Period tile entry leads to an impressive column lined foyer with box beam ceiling
- Hardwood floors throughout the first two levels
- Circular main level floor plan with spacious living areas
- Expansive living room showcases period elements such as impressive wood brick fireplace, original light fixtures, and French doors opening to the back deck
- French doors off the foyer lead to an elegant dining room with wainscoting, original built-ins, and a tray ceiling
- Remodeled kitchen boasts quartz countertops, a subway tile backsplash, eating bar, glass fronted cabinets, sleek stainless steel appliances, gas range with hood and garden window
- Half bath on main with tile floor
- High ceilings
- Remodeled master suite designed by Paul McKean Architecture boasts a walnut feature wall, a spa inspired bathroom including a glass enclosed tile shower with dual shower heads, a floating double vanity with quartz counter and custom built-in walnut wardrobes in walk-in closet plus a second walk-in closet with original built-in wardrobe for his and hers closet spaces Learn more at pmckean.com
- 2nd bedroom with walk-in closet featuring a built-in dresser
- 3rd bedroom has a cozy reading nook, a view of Mt. St. Helens and a walk-in closet with laundry and storage
- Hall bathroom features period style tile flooring, wainscoting and original stained glass windows
- Top level family room offers vaulted ceilings and ample space for entertainment, hobbies and office
- 4th bedroom on top level with nook, vaulted ceiling and closet
- Full unfinished lower level with high ceilings includes a second laundry space, workshop and tons of storage
- Laundry chute access from 2nd floor hallway closet and kitchen broom closet
- Storage – Large bedroom closets, built- in hall linen closets and storage areas in basement, attic and under deck.
- Flat yard
- Completely private backyard surrounded by mature greenery includes a bluestone patio and ipe deck
- Off-street parking
- Walk Score of 96 – do not need a car for daily errands
- Only blocks away from Wallace Park, Chapman Elementary, popular NW 23rd Ave, Forest Park and the Portland Streetcar offering quick access to the Pearl District and Downtown
- Located in the Lincoln school district – new Lincoln High School building opening in 2022 Learn more at pps.net/Page/1839
- Radiant heat
- 2019-20 Property Taxes: $13,125.07
- FLOOR PLANS
2475 NW Overton Street Portland, OR 97210