Ideally located in the highly desirable Irvington neighborhood, this home is walking distance to parks, schools, shops, and restaurants. Pronounced period features throughout this stately home make it an architectural lover’s dream; surrounded by leaded glass, wainscoting, wood-beam ceilings, and characteristic built-ins. A spacious light-filled living room and grand dining room flank the entry. The living room overlooks the charming front porch with light spilling into the room and features a wood-burning fireplace and comfortable sitting room. A grand dining room with beautiful wainscoting and wood-beamed ceiling is the ideal setting for a lavish dinner party with a large adjacent butler’s pantry opening up to the kitchen. The kitchen provides ample counter space with a central island and two sinks.
The upper level is marked by a generous landing with considerable built-in storage and 4 light-filled bedrooms including a balcony overlooking an attractive backyard off the northwest bedroom. The home is completed with a finished basement featuring a large guest suite or family room with its own kitchen and bathroom. This level also has an over-sized utility room with a convenient laundry chute from the upper levels with additional space for a shop or hobbies.
There is a lovely backyard and garden on this 50×100 parcel with new sprinkler system in the front yard and the home is adjacent to a highly maintained 5,000 square foot garden lot that has been owned by a neighborhood family for years and is not for sale.
- Built in 1907 50' x 100' lot
- Luminous Living Room featuring wood-burning fireplace and sitting room
- Spacious Dining Room with exquisite wainscoting
- Large Kitchen with high-end, stainless steel, gas appliances plus butler’s pantry
- Hardwood Floors throughout
- Roomy Guest Suite or Family Room with full bathroom in basement
- 4 Light-Filled Bedrooms on the 2nd floor
- Large Fenced Backyard
- Unfinished Attic with staircase
- Spacious Utility Room in basement with room for shop
- Portland's Historic Home Tour included in 2011
- New Roof total tear off 2016
- Utilities new (2016) central A/C, high efficiency gas furnace, and humidifier
- Property Taxes 2016-17: $8,224.50
- Schools Irvington K-8 & Grant High School
- FLOOR PLANS
1729 NE Tillamook Street, Portland, OR 97212