HISTORIC HAWTHORNE CRAFTSMAN
Location, location, location! This charming craftsman bungalow is located in the heart of the Hawthorne neighborhood situated a block and a half off Hawthorne affording this home quietness and privacy while remaining close to the plethora of shops and restaurants on Hawthorne. This home has a Walk Score of 92 and Bike Score of 100 making it easy to get all of your errands done without a car! New Seasons is only a 3 minute walk away, not to mention the nearby Bagdad Theater, Powell’s Books, Apizza Scholls, and Por Qué No.
The home itself is a quintessential craftsman bungalow featuring a large living room with a brick, wood-burning fireplace. The dining room lies adjacent boasting an original built-in hutch, coved ceilings, and large windows to let in an ample amount of natural light. The kitchen features butcher block counters and a nice sized eating nook flowing seamlessly to access the spacious, fenced backyard waiting to be customized to your liking with potential for a garden and patio or deck.
The upstairs attic has been fully finished with a 3rd bedroom and bonus room space for office or media room. The plumbing stack for a future half bathroom was also installed at this time. The basement includes a finished bonus room and generous space for shop, laundry, and storage.
This home is ideal for someone seeking to live in this highly sought after location and ready to put their own personal touch on their home!
- Built in 1911 37' x 100' lot
- Original Charm Built-ins, wainscoting and coved ceilings
- Hardwood floors in living room and dining room
- Basement Spacious basement with finished bonus room
- Finished attic with bedroom and bonus room
- 1 car detached garage
- Utilities Forced Air Gas Heat, Public Water & Sewer
- Property Taxes 2017-2018: $5,170.98
- Schools Glencoe Elementary, Mt. Tabor Middle School, and Franklin High School
- FLOOR PLANS
1727 SE 41st Avenue Portland, OR 97214