PERFECT PIED-A-TERRE IN NW
Nestled on a beautifully landscaped lot with lush native plantings, this Hillside Italian villa offers privacy and delightful views from all windows. The home’s Italian inspired architecture evokes an atmosphere of grandeur with its stucco reliefs, tile roof, wrought iron accents, arched details, leaded glass windows and French doors, and pergolas featuring sweeping views of downtown and Mt. Hood. The main level features original mahogany floors and an open living and dining space boasting a gas fireplace, vaulted wood beamed ceiling with decorative corbels and French doors leading to a covered patio. The kitchen features newer stainless steel appliances, slate tile flooring, granite counters, and a gas cooktop.
Enjoy complete privacy with an entire top level primary suite featuring a full bathroom with jetted soaking tub, a walk-in closet, a private deck, and an office.
The second level features two additional bedrooms with a shared bathroom as well as a large main deck to take advantage of the stunning easterly views over Portland.
This home is a special urban jewel!
- Built in 1926
- 0.11 acres
- 1 car attached garage
- Exquisite landscaped setting
- Distinctive living room featuring vaulted wood beamed ceilings with decorative corbels, original mahogany floors, a leaded glass Palladian window, a gas fireplace, and access to a concrete patio with wrought iron railing
- Raised dining room open to the living room with leaded glass French doors to covered patio, a charming window seat, and wood paneled ceiling with recessed lighting
- Wonderful light filled kitchen includes newer stainless steel appliances, slate tile flooring, granite tile counters, a gas cooktop, built-in Bosch oven and dishwasher, and exterior door to adjacent patio
- Half bathroom on main level is ideal for entertaining
- Complete top level suite features the primary bedroom with walk-in closet with built-in organization and private deck with adjacent full bathroom with jetted tub and an office
- Second floor includes 2 additional bedrooms with a shared full bathroom
- The large main deck with pergola lies between the second floor and top level for impressive views of downtown and Mt. Hood
- Tile roof and copper gutters
- Unfinished lower level laundry and utility room with half bathroom
- Gated entrance with walkway to front door
- Garage door embellished with reliefs, stained glass, and an overhead arch
- Superb mechanical improvements: newer gas furnace, newer gas water heater, newer high-efficiency gas fireplace, high efficiency heat pump with 2 zones, and Terra Firma designed water proofing system including French drains and sump pump
- Cable and Fiber ready
- 0.3 miles to Zupan’s Market and the beginning of NW 23rd Ave with ample shopping and local restaurants
- Minutes from miles of trails in Forest Park and Washington Park and easy access to all that downtown has to offer
- Chapman Elementary, West Sylvan Middle, and Lincoln High
- 2019-20 Property Taxes: $18,663.23
111 NW Maywood Drive Portland, OR 97210