CAPTIVATING COLONIAL CAPE COD IN BURLINGAME
This picturesque home built during the revival of Cape Cod style homes in the 1930’s features a quintessential steep pitched gabled roof, a central chimney and a pleasing symmetric design with a central front door flanked by multi-paned windows. The home is conveniently located in North Burlingame with an abundance of amenities nearby. Only 1⁄2 mile from restaurants and shopping in the charming downtown Hillsdale in one direction and 1⁄2 mile to Fred Meyer in the other and walking distance to Rieke Elementary, Wilson High School, and Gregory Himes Park. Located on a quiet street the home remains easily accessible to downtown Portland and OHSU providing you with a tranquil space to relax while remaining close to the city.
The statuesque main level boasts an oversized living room with a wood burning fireplace and dining room; both of which feature Philippine Mahogany woodwork and hardwood floors that continue up to the second level and large windows that flood the rooms with natural light. The kitchen has been remodeled with brand new Jenn-Air stainless steel appliances, new cabinets, counters and a tile backsplash and includes an eating nook with access to the back deck for summer barbequing and outdoor dining overlooking the tranquil backyard. A sunroom completes the main level allowing you to relax and enjoy the beautiful setting.
Upstairs a master bedroom features hardwood floors, his and hers closets and a view of Mt. Hood on sunny days. Two additional bedrooms for family or guests complete the upper level with a shared hallway bathroom with new pedestal sink and flooring.
The lower level is a full daylight basement including a spacious family room with a gas fireplace and a 4th bedroom or office with adjacent full bathroom. The lower level opens up to a covered patio that allows you to soak in a warm afternoon outdoors in the privacy of your backyard. This home is the perfect opportunity to possess a characteristic home in a charming and peaceful neighborhood with excellent accessibility!
- Built in 1939 75' x 100' acre lot
- Newly Refinished Hardwood Floors in dining room, living room, and second level
- Statuesque Oversized Living Room featuring wood burning fireplace with adjacent sunroom
- Large Light Filled Dining Room flows seamlessly into the updated kitchen
- Remodeled Kitchen featuring new cabinets, counters, tile backsplash and stainless steel appliances
- Eating Area adjacent to kitchen with access to back deck for outdoor dining and barbequing
- Master Bedroom on upper level with a view of Mt. Hood and his and hers closets
- Large 2nd Bedroom on upper level with two closets
- 3rd Bedroom on upper level is ideal for children, nursery or home office with a beautiful arched window overlooking the quiet street
- Brand New Carpet throughout the lower level daylight basement
- Lower Level 4th Bedroom provides additional space for guests or office with an en suite bathroom
- Spacious Additional Bonus Room with laundry area on lower level
- Covered Outdoor Patio in backyard is ideal for sitting out and relaxing on a warm and sunny day overlooking the beautiful backyard
- New Interior Paint throughout home
- 2-Car Attached Garage with covered breezeway to side door entrance of home
- Property Taxes 2017-18: $9,982.78
- Schools Rieke Elementary, Gray Middle School & Wilson High School
- FLOOR PLANS
6822 SW Burlingame Avenue, Portland, Oregon 97219