STUNNING IRVINGTON CRAFTSMAN
This radiant Arts & Crafts home designed by famed Portland architect, Ellis F. Lawrence, in the early part of the 20th century is a rare homeownership opportunity in the highly sought after Irvington neighborhood on a secluded dead-end street. Not only is this home conveniently situated to take advantage of all that Irvington has to offer such as nearby shopping and restaurants on Broadway and Fremont but the home itself has been lovingly restored with meticulous attention to detail and workmanship featuring high-end finishes while paying particular attention to retaining its original craftsman details and charm.
This home has a light and bright air persistent throughout every space. A large open floor plan befitting the Arts and Crafts style is accented by high ceilings with elegant crown molding, polished hardwood floors, wainscoting, and built-ins. The living room features an engaging fireplace with its touch of modern tiling juxtaposed with an original charming mantle as well as French doors opening up to an inviting front porch accented by quintessential square columns. Adjacent lies a spacious dining room for large gatherings of family and friends which flows seamlessly through to the updated kitchen. This gourmet kitchen features high-end stainless steel gas appliances, new quartz counters and a gorgeous Carrara marble backsplash. From the kitchen, step outside to the backyard to enjoy an al fresco evening of dining in the secluded, fenced backyard.
Upstairs, the master suite awaits with a newly finished master bathroom addition that is so seldom found in homes of this era. The master suite features its own private balcony overlooking the quiet dead-end street and the master bathroom has been exquisitely designed with marble countertops and a tiled, walk-in shower with sliding glass doors. Two additional bedrooms are located on this 2nd level with a well-appointed shared bathroom boasting a claw foot soaking tub.
The third level features a family/media room wired for surround sound and stereo for a movie night with family or a large group. Adjacent is a kid’s play area with ample storage in the closet and a home office or study area equipped with cable outlet.
This well cared for home awaits an owner seeking to possess a piece of Portland architectural history in a desirable neighborhood with all the comforts of modern day living!
- Unique Arts & Crafts Home designed by famed Portland architect, Ellis F. Lawrence
- Open entry, living room, and dining flowing seamlessly between one another boasting polished hardwood floors, elegant crown molding, and craftsman details
- Light filled living room featuring a charming fireplace with beautifully updated tile work and French doors opening up from the foyer
- Spacious dining room for large dinner parties with attractive wainscoting
- Gourmet kitchen featuring high-end stainless steel gas appliances, new quartz countertops and an elegant Carrara marble backsplash
- Master suite with private balcony and a recent master bathroom addition featuring Carrara marble counters and modern walk-in shower with sliding glass doors
- 2nd and 3rd bedrooms with shared bathroom featuring period claw foot tub on the same level as the master suite
- 3rd Level Media/Family Room and Office Media/Family room equipped with surround sound and stereo system plus additional space for play area with toy storage in closet and office/study area
- Fully fenced backyard presents a secluded venue to enjoy al fresco dining on the back patio with family and friends and a lockable gate is ideal for those with children or pets.
- Conveniently located to enjoy restaurants and shopping on Broadway or Fremont as well as several parks in the Irvington neighborhood with a bike score of 99!
- 2017-18 Property Taxes: $7,727.56
- Utilities 94% efficient forced air gas furnace, updated plumbing and electrical
- Schools Irvington K-8 and Grant High School
- FLOOR PLANS
2126 NE 17th Avenue Portland, Oregon 97212